- We require current personal details when you create an account with sKids and at any time that you make a booking for any activity or programme. You will check all details for completeness and accuracy each time you make a booking.
- Your contact details will also be used by sKids to provide you with information about sKids upcoming programmes, events and promotions. We also regularly seek customer satisfaction feedback by way of online surveys, this information assists us in providing the best service possible to you and your child.
- When making a booking on a programme, you may be asked for additional information if the activity has specific requirements.
- Your child shall not be permitted to attend any programme until all booking details are completed.
- We reserve the right to request additional proof to verify Identification or residential address.
- For the safety of your child, it is a requirement that we hold contact information for a minimum of three different contact people. The enrolling primary caregiver, plus two other contacts to be used as emergency contacts.
- You must list in detail any medical conditions such as allergies, chronic illness or injuries your child has, in the child’s personal details section of your account.
- sKids will only administer medication as provided by the primary caregiver and on receipt of a sKids approved Medical Consent Form.
- We include children with disabilities or special needs in our programmes provided we can meet their specific needs without compromising programme safety. You will need to complete a Special Needs Assessment Form and a trial period may be initiated. If we cannot reasonably meet an special needs of your child(ren), we may have no other option but to decline their booking in any programme or activity.
- sKids is committed to cooperating with access and custody arrangements. If you have specific access or custody arrangements, you will list these on the Safety Form. Changes to court sanctioned access and custody arrangements, must be notified to sKids in writing before sKids will honour any changes. On request, you will supply to sKids court documentation verifying access restrictions or changes.
- It is your responsibility to update any personal details via the secure login on Enrolmy.
Drop Off / Collection / Release of a child
- Where the child is dropped off to the site or location of the activity or programme, you will sign the child in on the site device or sign in/out sheets.
- For activities or programmes when the child is picked up, you will collect your child and sign the child out on the site device or sign in / out sheets.
- sKids will not release your child to any person not listed as an authorised pickup person on the child’s account. It is your responsibility to ensure that the list of people authorised to collect your child is up to date and includes those who would be picking up your child on a regular or casual basis.
- We reserve the right to ask for Photo ID of any person who presents to collect your child.
- We reserve the right to refuse to release a child into the care of any person who presents to sKids under the influence of alcohol and / or drugs, or who sKids reasonably believes presents an immediate danger to the safety or welfare of the child. sKids will immediately seek police assistance in such an event.
Absences and Booking Cancellation
- Before School Programmes: If your child will be absent from the programme, you must communicate this to the programme manager before 7am on the day of the absence.
- After School Programmes: If your child will be absent from the programme, you must communicate this to the programme manager before 2.30pm on the day of the absence.
- Holiday Programmes: if your child will be absent from the programme, you must communicate this to the programme manager before 8.30am on the day of the absence.
- If your child is absent due to sickness where a medical certificate is supplied, we will credit the charges for the affected days.
- If your child will no longer be attending a sKids programme, or you need to make a change to scheduled attendance, you must inform us of this change in writing with two weeks notice to qualify for a refund.
Fees and Payments
- Programme costs and fees will be detailed as part of the booking process. Fees are as advertised but are subject to change periodically.
- Programme costs for regular bookings are calculated based on firm, regular, booked days. Additional days required will be charged at the current ‘casual’ rates.
- sKids offer sibling discounts on our After School Programme. These discounts are at the discretion of sKids and may change periodically.
- Payment for bookings are due at the time of booking. Booking will not be confirmed until payment has been made in full, or a payment plan is in place or a WINZ subsidy application has been applied for.
- Payments can be made online at the time of booking, direct into our bank account, or by Credit Card. sKids will not accept cash or cheques at sites.
- Payments made by credit card at the time of booking will incur credit card and merchant fees. These will be displayed prior to you completing the payment.
- Invoices are sent to your ENROLMY parent dashboard on a weekly basis. To view your invoices/ payments or any enrolment information, log in to your ENROLMY account.
- If you are applying for a WINZ subsidy, you must provide us with your WINZ customer number. sKids will assist you in your WINZ subsidy application, however, you acknowledge that the responsibility of the booking and the fees incurred are your sole legal responsibility, and payment of all non-subsidised portion of the fees are to be paid before the programme commences. Furthermore, outstanding fees resulting from a declined application by WINZ, are your sole responsibility to pay.
- The caregiver making the booking is solely responsible to sKids for the payment of programme fees. sKids will not enter into, nor become party to a split booking / payment arrangements between caregivers.
- Your account must be kept up to date at all times, and sKids reserves the right to cancel your child’s booking or refuse re-enrollment until either any outstanding balances are paid, or a payment plan is entered into with sKids.
- sKids may refer any outstanding amounts to a debt collection agency, if repeated requests for payment have been unsuccessful. Any additional collection costs will be added to the outstanding balance.
- A late pick-up charge of $10 per 10 mins or part thereof, will be charged.
- Two weeks’ notice must be provided if a child is to be withdrawn from the programme or there is a change required to the regular days of care.
- Other than as stated in clause 3.d, no refunds or credits are given for absences, and all public holidays are charged at the applicable rate for bookings normally required that day.
- sKids reserve the right to postpone or substitute any activity, activity location, transport mode or programme to ensure the well being of both participants and the programme in general. We will always endeavour to make suitable alternative arrangements and communicate this to you at the earliest opportunity. If a sKids programme or activity is cancelled, a credit or refund will be provided.
Health and Safety
- In the event of a minor injury or illness, sKids staff will provide First Aid and notify you as soon as possible. (Minor injuries may include but are not limited to; minor cuts, abrasions, soft tissue injuries, bumps and bruises). If the situation is more serious, an ambulance will be called before parent notification. sKids will only transport children to an A&E, if the situation requires urgent medical care and transporting to an A&E is the more practical and appropriate response than waiting for an Ambulance. Whilst the child is on a sKids programme, the decision to seek external medical care rests solely with the sKids staff. Skids will not be liable for any costs incurred in seeking medical attention, such as doctors’ fees.
- sKids staff will notify the parent of any head injury sustained by your child, regardless of severity.
- All accidents and incidents are recorded in detail on all programmes and are reviewed by authorised senior staff for training and process improvement purposes.
- Children will be required to apply sunblock during summer, before playing outside. Children who refuse to apply sunblock, may be restricted from playing outside.
- If your child is suspected of having any potentially infectious illness such as, but not limited to; Measles, chickenpox or COVID-19 or experiences diarrhoea or vomiting, you agree to withdraw them from the programme until they are medically fit to return. You also agree to immediately notify us if an infectious illness is confirmed. sKids reserves the right to ask for a medical clearance certificate before allowing the child to return to programme.
- Where you have provided an approved Medical Consent Form, sKids staff will administer the provided medication exactly to the dosage as stated on the medical consent form. Staff will formally record each time a medication is administered. If the medication is to be ceased or changed, a new Medical Consent Form must be received by sKids.
- Where a child has medication that needs to be self-administered, such as an asthma inhaler or epi-pen, you must provide to sKids a “Self-Medication Form”. sKids must be provided with the medication to be locked away until required. The child will be supervised whilst self- administering. It is important to note, that sKids cannot access any medications held on the child’s behalf by the school. sKids must be supplied separately.
- sKids programmes have a detailed child protection policy, which includes the reporting of any suspected child abuse to Oranga Tamariki and / or the police. The child protection policy is displayed and available at each of our sites and on our website.
- Transport of children on day trips during Holiday Programmes is undertaken via a reputable commercial bus company. You will provide consent at the time of booking a sKids daytrip. Transport of children from schools to an After School Programme will be either by a reputable commercial bus company or by a sKids approved staff member who holds an appropriate current licence, and will be driving a recognisable skids vehicle. For further information, please refer to the ‘Excursions’ section of the Parent Information booklet.
- Every sKids site maintains an onsite Hazard Register, which you can request to sight at any time. sKids operates under a strict process of identifying and eliminating or minimizing hazards as well as reporting and investigating incidents of all severities.
- At times, activities may be delivered by an authorised Third-Party provider whose operations have been reviewed by sKids and in some instances, external safety auditors.
- Participation in some activities may be restricted based on medical, physical or other conditions in regard to the safe operation of the activity or impact on the child(ren) involved.
- As sKids programmes include the provision of food, as well as baking and cooking activities, sKids staff undergo food handling safety certification. In addition, all sites comply with the NZ Food Act 2014, and are annually audited by external auditors for compliance with our Food Control Plan. Although sKids will make every practical effort to ensure all risk of cross-contamination is minimised, we cannot guarantee an allergy free environment.
- In a civil emergency, where it is safe to do so, all programme staff and children will remain at the collection site for the duration until all children are collected. If the children must be moved to a safer location, caregivers will be notified by programme staff via phone or phone messaging.
- In the event that the location of the site goes into ‘shut down’ due to an imminent threat to safety, staff will follow the instructions of the lead emergency service agency, and will not release children for collection until expressly advised by the lead agency that it is safe to do so.
Photographic and Video Images
- You agree to sKids taking a head shot photo of your child for our records expressly for the purpose of ease of identification by sKids staff, unless, during the enrolment process, you have expressly denied this permission.
- You agree that sKids approved staff may take photos of the children engaged in the ordinary activities of the programme, and their work, for the purpose of training, marketing and promotional activities, unless, during the enrolment process, you have expressly denied this permission.
- You hereby give consent for sKids to use images selected for the purpose of marketing via printed or digital formats, including social media platforms, unless, during the enrolment process, you have expressly denied this permission.
- If a child’s behaviour is impacting the safety within any of our programmes, we reserve the right to remove the child permanently after following our Behaviour Management Policy requirements. The Behaviour Management Policy is displayed and available at each location and on our website.
- If a child is on a Behaviour Management Plan, and breaches the provisions of the plan, it may result in your child immediately being excluded from the activity or programme until the matter has been resolved.
- If your child is excluded, you will need to arrange for your child to be collected as soon as possible from the activity or programme.
- If a parent, caregiver or authorised collection person of a child, demonstrates behaviour that is impacting the safety of our staff, the children or the sKids programme in general, we reserve, at our sole discretion, the right to refuse or rescind the enrolment of your child effective immediately.
- We welcome all feedback, positive and critical. A copy of our complaint procedure is displayed and available at each site as well as accessible on our website.
- sKids police vet and train all our staff. We endeavour to provide the best and most practical degree of supervision and engagement towards all children enrolled in our programmes. However, neither sKids nor any employee or contractor shall be held personally liable in respect of any consequence resulting from any act or omission arising from any activity or programme, where all reasonable and practical steps are deemed to have been taken in accordance with our policies and the appropriate NZ legislations.
- sKids will not be held liable for the loss or damage of personal items in your child’s possession.
- Any repairs or replacement costs associated to material damage caused by a child to sKids resources, property or to any site property that sKids operates from, will be met by the child’s caregiver and the cost will be added to the caregiver’s account.
- By acknowledging these Terms and Conditions, and subsequently, completing the enrolment of your child onto a sKids programme, you confirm all details provided are true and correct, that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to adhere to these and all our policies and procedures. Our policies and procedures manual is available at each of our sites for you to view at any time. Further, you acknowledge that if you breach any of the Terms and Conditions as listed herein, sKids may suspend or terminate the enrolment and will be immediately absolved of all other obligations under the terms and conditions. sKids will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or associated costs that you may suffer due to sKids exercising its rights under this clause.
We may change activities based on alert level changes advised by the Government.
Due to low numbers, we may need to merge this programme with a nearby site or cancel an activity. Should this occur an option to transfer your booking or a full refund will be provided.
Holiday Programme Bookings require two weeks written notice to cancel.
We may allow a change of days if we have the capacity.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and/or Instagram.