The Rudolph’s will keep the family happy this Christmas with their festive flavours and chocolate coating!
The sneaky bit… There is a hidden CARROT inside, so these treat are super healthy too! Don’t stop at the carrot! Experiment with other fruits and vegetables!
FOR THE MUFFIN BATTER:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup trim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 carrots peeled, grated
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
FOR THE ICING:
- 100g dark chocolate melts melted in the microwave.
FOR RUDOLPH’S FACE:
- 2 bananas, sliced into banana rounds (Rudolph’s eyes)
- 24 raisins (Rudolph’s pupils)
- 12 glazed cherries (Rudolph’s red nose)
- 24 pretzels (Rudolph’s antlers)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Line tin with muffin cases.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and whisk again until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Pour in the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture again until smooth.
- Add carrots, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon over the wet ingredients. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together just until combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the muffins have risen and set. Cool before icing and decorating.
- Dip muffins into the chocolate
- You’ll need to be super speedy here… (as the chocolate sets fast)
a. Add banana slices (rounds) for Rudolph’s eyes NUT)
b. Place a cherry underneath the eyes, for Rudolph’s nose
- For the antlers, stick 2 pretzels onto either side of each muffin
- Then place the raisins onto the banana pieces for Rudolph’s pupils
- TIP: use a small bit of melted chocolate to stick the raisins onto Rudolph’s eyes and antlers onto Rudolph’s head.